The insect screens are used for protecting your home from various annoying bugs even if your doors and windows remain open during the summer season. By doing a few simple maintenance steps, you can increase their life and get trouble-free service.
For maintaining the efficiency as well as longevity of these insect screens regular maintenance and care are needed. To get the best results, you must clean screens thoroughly at least once a year, or even more often in those areas where there are high pollutants or higher concentration
of humid sea air.
These door fly screens supplied by Premier Screens Ltd are designed for controlling insects in your home and they are not meant for providing security from animals, inside or outside of your home. Also, they are not meant for protecting against windy conditions. Therefore, keep your doors and windows closed during windy days.
To take care and maintain the aluminum frames of the insect screen, spot cleaning on these screens will be best done by using a vacuum cleaner or any soft brush head for removing the surface dirt.
You can use the nozzle head and vacuum cleaner to clean the entire screen tracks to remove dirt and debris.
Few tips for cleaning glass and insect screens of window
Normally, spring is the best season for cleaning. While prepping for summer, you must not forget about your glass surfaces of window and insect screens. If your windows remain sparkling clean then you will be able to get the best view of your windows althrough the year.
The following are a few tips for cleaning window insect screen:
- For any standard aluminum screens first, remove insect screens, then use your gardening hose for quick and easy cleaning.
- To get an extra shine, you can use a solution of soap and water to give your screen a little extra clean view.
- If you have got delicate insect screens then avoid using your gardening hose. You must first remove the screen, use any feather duster for cleaning your screen.
For cleaning your glass surface of the windows, you can use the following steps:
- Wipe off all loose dirt and try to grime with any soft dry cloth.
- You can now apply one of these cleaning solutions as mentioned below for applying directly to your glass:
- White vinegar-and-water
- Mild soapy water
- Liquid window cleaner
- You must avoid the following for preventing any damage to your window glass:
- Razor blades
- Abrasive solutions
- You can wipe the solution by using a soft cloth by making a circular motion at the top of your window.
- You must take off your cleaning solution immediately with a squeegee or any lint-free cloth. In case you prefer to use a squeegee, then ensure that you use a cloth for wiping after squeezing it dry after your every wipe.
- To minimize the glass cleaner residue on your glass, you must avoid cleaning whenever the sun will be out. Try to wait for any cloudy or dry days.
This way, you can keep your fly screens for doors and windows well maintained and clean.