Often to decide, which type of roofing will be right for your business may be too complicated as you can find in the market several varieties of commercial roofing.
Do you want to decide which commercial roofing MN will be the right option for you? A to Z Construction Inc. has plenty of experience in this field with whom you may consult before replacing your existing roof.
Here in this article, we shall discuss a few common varieties of commercial roofs and their pros and cons.
This kind of roof is the most common type of roof available for commercial building.
- This roof will be very cost-effective as they need very less material per square foot that has to be covered.
- Can be installed easily and quickly.
- Many color choices available although most people prefer white.
- Can help to reduce energy waste due to having reflective properties.
- Maintenance and also drain cleaning are much easier.
- Poor drainage.
- Material breakdown may lead to water damage and leaking inside the building.
You can find low-sloped roofs for warehouses, factories, apartment buildings, and many other industrial buildings. Initially, they may appear to be flatter, but they have got a slight pitch.
- The roof design will direct the water where it must go.
- Offers safer and easier conditions for roofers for working on.
- Easier to perform various repairs and replacements.
- You can easily install solar panels, air conditioners, satellite dishes.
- Heavy snows that may often not melt fast can unnecessarily add weight to your roof.
Although pitched roofs can be more seen in various residential homes than commercial buildings, however, you can still find them in many commercial buildings too.
- Due to increased slope, they can offer greater runoff for snow and water.
- Lesser risk for any water buildup that might cause mold and leaks.
- Can reduce repair and maintenance as compared to any flatter or less inclined roof.
- More difficult to do any maintenance and repair.
- Complicated safety procedures, material transfer, and difficulty to maneuver increase the cost of installation, repair/maintenance.
METAL RETROFIT ROOFING
This kind of roofing is cost-effective and simple to do re-roofing of any older and end-of-life metal roofs with a very durable membrane.
- Low-cost solution
- Can extend further your roof’s life.
- During installation inside the building is not affected.
- Very eco-friendly material.
- Can help in reusing the existing roof.
- If you install over the existing roof then it may last only for 20 years, but if you totally replace it with metal retrofit roofs then it will last for 30 to 60 years.
Now since you know the pros and cons of a few most commonly used commercial roofs that you can find in the market, so it makes your decision much easier for you. However, while you consider replacing your roof, you must also discuss with your roofing expert who may suggest you a far better material too.