Pests enter the house via open spaces such as windows, and doors. However, it is not possible to keep the doors and windows closed all the time. It doesn’t take more time for the pests to invade the house.
Insect screens are one of the best ways to block these pests from entering the house. Installation of this screen is the first step to make your house pest-free. So, let us learn more about the installation of insect screen doors.
Why Do You Need to Install a Flyscreen Door?
Premier Screens Ltd is a leading company that supplies and installs high-quality insect screens. Their fly screens serve as a trendy, impactful, and discreet solution. They are crafted to fulfil specific requirements.
It provides an affordable feature that offers fresh circulation of air throughout the home. They also offer an improved level of ventilation. It also helps keep the pests such as moths, flies, and other types of undesired insects at bay.
What Are the Different Types of Insect Screen Doors?
These are the main kinds of insect screen doors that you can find in the market.
- Siding Fixed
Types of Mesh of Insect Screen Doors:
The mesh of the insect screen comes in the following variations:
- Stainless Steel: Ideal for security, strength, robustness, and reliability, for any commercial property. They come in various colours.
- Polypropylene: Widely used for residential houses due to its cost-effectiveness and convenient use.
- Aluminium: They are long-lasting and resistant to corrosion.
What Are the Tools Required To Install Fly Screen Doors?
To begin the installation process, you need to make arrangements for the following tools.
- Utility Knife
- Head ScrewDriver
- Flat Head Screwdriver
- Drill and Drill Bits
- Pencil, and
- Measuring Tape
How to Install an Insect Screen Doors?
Here are the steps to install the insect screen in your commercial/residential place:
- Keep some vacant space on the inner surface of the window. Buy the screen of the right dimensions, particularly the frame that enables you to install the screen in place.
- Gather the tools, which include clips, screws, flyscreen frame, and drill with bits, a pencil, and a tape measure.
- If you plan to install a hinged/ fixed flyscreen, then place the frame in the right place. Fix it with the right screws.
- If you plan to install a retractable screen, fix the section with the cassette depending on the type of model (vertical/ horizontal).
- Test the installation to ensure the screen moves easily. Also, ensure that the window can close and opens smoothly.
Tips to Install the Insect Screen Properly
- Position the door properly. Ensure to keep a minimum of 3 mm of space on all sides.
- Take a drill and create 1.5 mm deep holes at the positions of screws. Now, secure the door on the frame. Make sure to fit it at the precise position of the hinges.
- Attach the interior portion of the handle in the interior section of the fly screen door. Install the outside handle as well. Use screws to tighten the entire setup.
- Push the cylinder inside the lock body and install it using a supple screw.
- Carefully mark the interior and the exterior of the striker plate and install the striker plate.
The right installation of the flyscreen will give you long-term protection against flies, moths, and various types of insects. Getting assistance from an experienced firm ensures the best installation.