Roof tiles are designed to keep out water in the form of rains and other things out of houses. Some modern tiles made out of plastic and metal are also waterproof. Some are even made out of concrete. Slate tiles were used traditionally as they were once common and had an easily obtainable source, unlike today, when it is no longer common. They are hung by nails in parallels, usually for a watertight structure. This is done in such a way that each tile covers the other’s nails and give it a neat appearance. Roofing companies make sure that one gets the kind of tiles that they are looking for. They keep stock of Sydney roofing supplies. There are hundreds of different tiles and thousands of roof paints, all for their customers.
- Appearance: Roof tiles offers a beautiful and aesthetical appearance to a home. With companies offering hundreds of different types of roof tiles and tens of thousands of paints for them, a customer can choose as per functionality and aesthetics. A customer could even come with a paint sample or paint chip and ask for a certain colour according to that as there is such a wide range of paints available.
- Longer Life: A roof coating or paint can add 25 years more to a roof. This makes it more long-lasting and better long term. The roof coating absorbs most of the damage of the external environment of the house from above. This includes harsh sunlight, UV rays, rain, hail, and others.
- Temperature: One might think that temperature has nothing to do with roof tiles, but there is an important connection. In the warm country, roof tiles painted in light colours are shown to keep the house cooler and lower air conditioning bills. So if one is in a warm country, they should go for lighter coloured tiles. On the other hand, if one lives in a cold country, they should paint their roof tiles a darker colour to stay warmer.
- For Rusty Roofs: Many kinds of paints are not suitable to be used on rusty roofs. One should use a Roof Protection Rust Inhibiting Primer instead if there is rust on the roof.
Roof painting can be a hazardous task. And one needs proper equipment to ensure their safety when doing these tasks. These are the essential tools required to get it done:
- Safety Goggles: This is one of the most important things needed for things that might fly when undertaking the task of doing up one’s roof. One must not compromise on this as it could cost one their eyes.
- Dust Masks: There isn’t only objects being tossed up into the air but also a lot of dust and paint chemicals in the air.
- Harness: There are required to prevent accidents from happening when one’s working on the roof.
- Steel Toed Boots: While working on the roof, one would need protection for their foot so as to not accidentally injure themselves.
- Ladders or an AWP: A ladder or an Aerial Work Platform is necessary to go up or down a roof.