Gutter cleaning is a hassle and dirty work to do, unsafe to climb up and down and a time-consuming process.
Many people assume that cleaning gutter is not worth it. That’s only till the water starts to damage the roof and flood the surface.
There are several issues associated with clogged gutters, including –
- Roof damage – The edge of the roof and the underlying materials get damaged by the constant contact of water with the roof surface. The wooden surface starts to rot and become weak, which eventually needs replacement.
- Damage to the wall, windows and doors – When the water spills from the gutter constantly fall on the walls, window frames and doors, the damages to these surfaces are obvious. The water will cause the wooden surfaces to rot, warp and weaken.
- Damages to foundation – The clogged gutters are the major cause of basement water problems. A clean gutter and downspouts are used to carry the water away from the house to places to be absorbed by the ground or drainage system. When the excess water from the clogged or damaged gutter comes in contact with the foundation of the house, it causes it to leak, shift, crack and sink.
It is best to get it cleaned regularly to avoid the flooding of the water due to clogged/damaged gutters. Hire professional gutter cleaning experts and roof specialist in Johannesburg to get the work done efficiently and neatly. It is best to seek help from the experienced and dedicated roof waterproofing at Johannesburg.
The benefits are many –
- They help to increase the durability of the gutter – Clean gutter lasts longer. The accumulated debris and other clogged materials add weight to the gutter resulting in rusting and corrosion. Regular cleaning of the gutter helps to increase the life span of the gutter.
- The regular cleaning of the gutter help to maintain the structure of the building – The unmanaged gutter will cause the flooding of the roof and damages to the foundation, as discussed above. It affects the stability of the property and reduces the value of the property.
- Avoids the insects from nesting – Cleaning the gutter regularly avoids the accumulation of the leaves, twigs and other debris, which is the best nesting and breeding places for insects, rodents and rats.
- They help save wastage of money and energy – The clogged and damaged gutters will result in wastage of money for the repair work. Hiring professional gutter cleaning service providers will help to complete the work effectively, safely and efficiently. It helps in avoiding the unwanted mess and time waste of you or your family members.
- They can help you with –
- Interior gutter cleaning
- Outside gutter washing
- Roof blowing for debris removal
The need for gutter cleaning depends on the place you live and is location-specific. Annual gutter cleaning should be sufficient for most places. But if you have many trees nearby, and receive heavy rainfall, consider cleaning the gutter after the rain.