Powder coat is a type of coating that is applied to metal items. It is a dry powder that is electrostatically charged and then sprayed onto the item. The powder sticks to the item, and when it is heated, it melts and fuses to the surface. This creates a smooth, durable finish that can be used for many different applications. Here are 10 reasons why you should consider using powder coat for your next project!
- Powder coat is available in a wide variety of colours, which makes it ideal for both functional and decorative applications.
- Compared to other types of coating, powder coat offers excellent durability and resistance to scratches and fading over time.
- Because powder coat is applied as a dry powder, it adheres very well to the surface of your metal item, providing a smooth, even finish that looks great and lasts for years.
- Another benefit of powder coat is that it can be easily repaired or touched up if needed, without having to remove the entire coating from the item. This makes powder coat an economical choice over other types of finishes that need to be completely removed and reapplied if damage occurs.
- One of the main benefits of powder coat is that it can be applied to a wide range of metal surfaces, including aluminum, stainless steel, and even carbon steel. This means that you can powder coat almost any project or product using metal components, from furniture and appliances to automotive parts and industrial equipment.
- Powder coat is also an environmentally-friendly option, as it does not contain harmful chemicals or release noxious fumes during application. It is also considered non-toxic and non-flammable once it has been heated and fused to the surface of your item.
- In addition to being durable, powder coat also tends to be relatively easy to clean compared to other types of finishes. This makes it ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications.
- If you are looking for a finish that requires minimal maintenance, powder coat is a great choice. Compared to other types of finishes, powder coat typically only needs to be cleaned or touched up occasionally, rather than on a regular basis like paint does.
- Powder coat offers excellent adhesion, even in very cold or hot conditions, making it suitable for projects and items that need to withstand extreme weather conditions or high levels of wear and tear over time.
- Whether you are looking for decorative appeal or functionality, powder coat is an ideal coating option that can help take your project to the next level! With its wide range of colours, durability, ease of application and maintenance, powder coat is a great choice for both businesses and homeowners. So why not give it a try? You won’t be disappointed!
For more information on powder coat colours, check out Tomburn today. They offer a wide selection of powder coat finishes that are perfect for any project or application!